by Katie and Jennifer
graphics by Emily N. and Peter G.
Guggenheim has a lot of new teachers this year. These great new teachers have done so much for us already. Can you guess who the teacher described in each paragraph is? Give it a try! (You can find the answers elsewhere in this issue of GuggenTimes.)
1. Shes a great teacher and so hard working. She loves to teach health and safety. She believes that if she can teach children at a young age how to grow healthy while having fun that they will enjoy a healthy, good life. What she says about Guggenheim: Its a great place to learn and work!
2. She loves teaching children to love reading. Shes taught in Queens and Bayville, L.I. She taught kindergarten and 1st grade before. Now shes teaching 2nd. She thinks Guggenheim is a great school. She says, "Im so happy to be here."
3. Who is Guggenheim talking all about? The new speech teacher, of course! Before she came to Guggenheim she taught in Baltimore, Maryland, and Queens. All throughout her life she has wanted to be a teacher.
4. This new teacher loves teaching all subjects. She says that is why she chose to teach elementary school. This teacher cannot remember a time when she didnt want to be a teacher. She thinks that Guggenheim is a safe and comfortable place for children.
5. This teacher thinks that Guggenheim is a very special school. She thinks that it is an exciting environment. Before she taught at Guggenheim she taught at a public school in Manhattan.
6. This teacher is a he. He has been teaching at Weber Middle School for the past 12 years, and altogether for 28 years. He thinks that Guggenheim is GREAT! His favorite subject to teach is math. He likes that the students improve their skills and have fun, too.
7. This teachers room is actually Mrs. Rosenwald's old room. Last year she taught in Mrs. Dermodys room and Mrs. Ajellos room. She loves to see the wow look on the kindergartners faces when they figure things out.
8. This teacher knew she wanted to be a teacher ever since first grade. She heard about Guggenheim by going on the web and reading GuggenTimes. Her favorite subject to teach is speech.
Answers To Guess Who
Back to GuggenTimes Index